"7 Business Valuation Mistakes Made in M&A Transactions" a Public Speaking Presentation
“7 Business Valuation Mistakes Made in M&A Transactions” presentation is being given to the New Jersey National Association of Certified Validators and Analysts meeting November 29, 2016. The pubic speaking presentation looks at how business valuation may vary for merger and acquisition transactions than for other purposes. Conference attendees will leave knowing how to better advise clients considering merger and acquisition or other succession transactions.
This presentation is full of examples and audience participation.
Specific subtopics include differences in how a valuation is prepared and calculated when the purpose is a sale or merger. Differences between price and value. How to use market comparables. How to estimate a possible synergistic value. The best negotiation techniques to raise the value and more.
This presentation qualifies for two hours of professional continuing education. Variations of the presentation can range from one to four hours.
Greg Caruso, JD, CPA, CVA, is an expert who works across the US at creating and realizing business value. He is licensed in Maryland as an Attorney, Certified Public Accountant and Certified Valuation Analyst. He has been involved with contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, distributors, and service companies throughout his 30 year career.
- Over the past 15 years, he has successfully completed over 50 transactions
- He consulted and advised on acquisitions, exit strategies, and valuations of over 200 firms
- Noted speaker speaking to Attorney – CPA Association, Subcontractor Association, NACVA Regional Conference, AA County CPA Association, MACPA, ABC affiliates, Remodeler’s Advantage, and others.
- Editor-In-Chief of “Around the Valuation World” the most two interesting hours in business valuation. A monthly webinar sponsored by the NACVA
- Past President, Board of Directors at “There Goes My Hero”; a non-profit organization that provides services and support to those with blood cancers and their families. Active in many local trade and professional organizations
- Managing Partner of a start-up homebuilding company which grew to 70 deliveries yearly valued at over $30,000,000.
- Estimator, Assistant Project Manager and Project Manager at leading general contractors over 8 years
The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts is a progressive association certifying and representing valuation, consulting, and expert witness professions. www.nacva.org